Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sneaky Veggies #1: Mock Garlic Mashed Potatoes

So as much as I'd like to consider myself a vegophile, I must admit that living in the company of a couple of boys  who could take them or leave them (not the dogs...they'll eat anything) does not particularly motivate me to spend a whole lot of time prepping them. And if I'm being completely honest, I find it a little challenging to eat copious amounts of the cruciferous types myself, no matter how excellent they are for you. So I set out on a search for some kid-friendly (not to mention husband-friendly...and OK me-friendly) veggie recipes. I gave this one a whirl (quite literally whipped it up in the bullet) tonight, and Caden ate it up with a spoon! (We are working on spoons). Larry took seconds...without being coerced. And if I do say so myself, it was quite delish! I didn't even bother with the butter, because it had enough flavor on its own. I'd say you could probably go without the chicken base/bouillon if you don't have it on hand. Larry thought it made it a bit salty. I personally tasted more garlic. And if you have trouble blending, you can add in a little milk.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/george-stella/mock-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe/index.html

No comments: