Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Meatless Antipasto Salad

It's not that I'm anti-pasta...or anti-meat for that matter. It's just that this is a deliciously easy way to pack in your 5-a-day (that's veggies). I've been known to throw in any or all of the following:
  • Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
  • Black Olives (any size will do...Booger)
  • Cucumbers
  • Canned Garbanzo Beans (rinsed and drained)
  • Artichoke Hearts
  • Hearts of Palm
  • Mushrooms
  • Perlini (those cute little fresh mozzarella balls)
  • ...or add your own ingredient...but I won't be responsible for what happens when the meats and pastas move into the neighborhood.

Drizzle with your favorite Italian style vinaigrette (no milk-based dressings here...the Perlini controls the dairy district in this town). I like to make a big bowl and serve it with dinner for a few nights in a row, but take it to a potluck, or scale it down for all I care!

No comments: